At our soul and in our daily practice, we are a service company. Our vast suite of capabilities allows us to intersect with one another, involve experts at every level, include our clients' visions and improve each project we touch. A place is not merely a structure. It is a living, breathing element that resides in a larger environment, and must exist in a community and improve the experience of those who use it - as well as those who never will.
We aim to create interventions which do not detract from the character of a building, working with the current fabric as much as possible. Space Architects offer expert skills in researching and analysing protected structures and buildings of historical significance, liaising with local authority conservation officers, and preparing Conservation Reports and Architectural Heritage Impact Assessments. Dedicated staff at Space Architects have expertise in traditional building techniques and specifications.
We offer additional expert advice and services throughout India including:
Advise relating to:
• The repair, demolition or shoring of historic buildings.
• Conservation legalities and contractual agreements.
• Grants and funding available for conservation works.
• Examination of historia buildings and sites.
• Searches of records and historic archives.
• Diagnostic investigation of the causes of building decay.
• Designing and planning suitable extensions and/or alterations.